Pages

Saturday 25 January 2014

Get To Know Us: The Beauty Blogger Tag

Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Han: My hair is naturally in-between. After I wash it it's curly but after about a day it goes puffy and straight until I wash it again the next day.
Em: I'd say my hair is naturally in between too! Because I have short layered hair it always looks full of texture and volume (on a good day)  which I like :) 


Do you dye your hair yourself or go to a salon?
Han: To be honest I don't dye my hair. I definitely would have it does in a salon (if I were to have it done) because I wouldn't trust myself to do on my own.
Em: same as Han :)


Do you wear the same hair style everyday or do you change it?
Han: In school I have to wear my hair up so I usually wear my hair in a ponytail and sometimes a bun done in about 5 seconds in the car. At the weekend I usually wear my hair down or in a bun.
Em: Yes because I can't really do much with my hair in terms of styles so I just like to wear it naturally


Do you do your own Mani/pedi or do you go to the salon?
Han: I always do my own nails because (a) I'm skint and (b) I love painting my nails because I enjoy trying different colours. For Christmas from Emily, however, I did have a salon voucher to go for a mani/pedi with her so I'm really looking forward for that.
Em: I usually do my own but I'm going to get mine done professionally soon! 


Do you polish your toes in the winter or just in the summer?
Han: I usually only polish my toes in the summer because you won't be showing off you toe nails, but this Christmas I did paint them because I just fancied it.
Em: Usually only in the summer.


How long does it take for you to put on make-up?
Han: On a normal day only about five minutes because I only usually do a bit of concealer, foundation, eyeshadow and maybe a nude lipstick/gloss/vaseline . . . actually that takes more than 5 mins . . .
Em: Usually about 5 - 10 minutes 


What do you do first, Face or Eyes?
Han: Face, I don't know anyone that does their eyes first. I usually put foundation over my eyelids because find it easier to apply eyeshadow with nice smooth face, is that weird? I would probably smudge my eye make-up with foundation otherwise.
Em: I usually do my face first, incase I smudge my mascara or something! 


Do you 'collect' make-up or just buy it when you need it?
Han: A bit of both. I usually buy lipstick, blush and eyeshadow whenever I want, but I only get one (or maybe two) mascaras and a foundation (actually I have three open at the moment). Okay . . . I've just figured I just buy it ALL THE TIME!
Em: Same as Han to be honest :)


How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Han: Never I'd be worried that I would poke myself in the eye tbh.
Em: Same here - even though I wear mascara I'm lucky because I have really naturally long and dark eyelashes unlike Han!  If I did wear false eyelashes they would just look a bit silly tbh!


Do you wear make-up everyday?
Han: I wear a bit of mascara everyday, but not full foundation, blush, eyeshadow etc!
Em: I usually wear foundation, mascara and concealer everyday, and when I'm going out I'll wear eyeshadow and blusher. However sometimes if I'm having a good skin day or am in a rush I'll just wear mascara.


Do you wear make-up when you are home alone or with family?
Han: It depends if I can be bothered to put it on or if I am particularly spotty of not.
Em: Same here, probably not.


Will you leave the house without make-up?
Han: Sure, I do it a lot if I have a good skin day.
Em: It depends on where I'm going, but yes I would.


How many High-End products do you have?
Han: Not that many, I usually buy drugstore, but my mum has given me an Elisabeth Aarden Lip SPF and Clinique pressed powder (because for some reason most drugstore powders dry out my face) , but that's about it.
Em: Same as Han really, although I own a Calvin Klein eyeshadow pallette and brow pencil 


Do you plan your OOFT (outfit of the day) every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
Han: Unless I'm going somewhere REALLY special I decide as I'm getting dressed thinking 'OMG! I WISH I'D THOUGHT OF THIS LAST NIGHT BECAUSE ALL OF MY NICE CLOTHES ARE IN THE WASH!'
Em: Same as Han, not unless I'm going somewhere special or need to be organised for the next day.


How often do you change your handbag?
Han: I've only have three handbags EVER! So . . not very often!
Em: I have quite a few handbags, so I'll just switch depending on which one I can find and if I fancy it. I usually just stick to my little cream one though because it goes with pretty much everything. 


What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Han: On a school day I usually wake up at around 6:40 am and I go to sleep at about 10:00 pm. But, on a weekend I wake up from anywhere between 7:00 am and 9:30 am. Then I go to sleep at around 10:30 pm.
Em: On a school day I got to sleep at about 10.30 an wake up at 7 am, but I'll wale up earlier if I want to wash my hair or do any work. On a weekend, I tend to go to sleep at about 11 ish and wake up whenever.


How often or when do you do your workout?
Han: Well, on a Monday I do rowing from 2:30-5:00, on Tuesday Em and I do badminton for 45 mins and pointe (ballet) for 30 mins. Wednesday we do ballet for an hour and Thursday go for a 'cross country' run. Friday we both do circuit training (for rowing fitness). On a weekend I just do a bit of abs and core exercises to strengthen my core for ballet.
Em: I do exactly the same except on a Monday I do netball from 2:30-4:00 instead of rowing.


Are you left handed or right handed?
Han: Right.
Em: Right too.


How tall are you?
Han: 5"4' I think.
Em: About 5"5' or 5"6' 


Do you speak any foreign languages?
Han: I do Spanish at school.
Em: Same.


How many pets do you have?
Han: One, I have a cat!!
Em: I don't have any :(


How often are you on blogger?
Han: ALL OF THE TIME!!! Literally!
Em: Same, but I'm not quite as obsessive as Han.


Do you read comments on blogs?
Han: I usually read comments on other blogs. I always look out for comments on our blog though, even though there aren't many.
Em: same


Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other products?
Han: I do actually. I right them all down in my 'blog book'.
Em: I keep a mental list and I'll probably research it when I get home.


How did you come up with your blog name?
Han: I guess it's kind of obvious. We just put our names together and shipped them 
Em: Haha :) agreed


What kind of camera do you use for your photos?
Han: A little cannon (don't know what type sorry :S) or my phone camera, but I'm saving up for a DSLR!
Em: Usually either my phone or tablet camera, but my main camera is my Panasonic Lumix.



How often do you clean your house?
Han: I live with my parents so I'm not so good at cleaning, but I do enjoy a bit of hoovering every now and again. Is it a bit odd that I enjoy hoovering? I just find it relaxing.
Em: Same here - when I need to.


What is your favourite colour?
Han: Emerald Green
Em: Purple or Red


Do you swear?
Han: Never
Em: All the time, I'm really bad. But I suppose we balance each other out.



What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Han: I'm going food shopping with my bro and them I am going to write another blogpost with Em. Maybe some hwk as well :S I HATE HWK!
Em: Same here - homework :( I have been to an old people's home this morning for my volunteering section of my Duke Of Edinburgh award.


That was fun! Hope you enjoyed it guys! LUV YA!!!

Hanily x 

No comments:

Post a Comment