Pages

Thursday 30 January 2014

Trying to deal with stress - Emily

We all go through stressful times at some points in our life, and I'm one of the WORST people for dealing with it! I put a lot of pressure on myself to do the best that I can (major perfectionist) and sometimes it gets too much. However, I have some coping methods which help me a lot and that I'm going to try to do more of.

1. Listen to music - this is my favourite way to deal with anything. I feel like music is my form of escapism, and music can always make me feel more relaxed and motivated and can pick me up no matter what mood I'm in. I don't know where I'd be without it!

2. Have a bath - a bath or a shower is a really good way of relaxing for me. (See our post about pamper essentials for what I like to put in my baths)

3. Time management: Give yourself a cut off time - if you know you have a lot of work to do, you need to make sure that you try and spread it out, (so its not all too much). Also give yourself time before you go to bed, to read or light candles or do anything that relaxes you so that your mind isn't buzzing when you try and go to sleep. If you can't sleep and your brain is overworking you will only make things worse for yourself the next day by being more tired and ratty; more stressed and worried.

4. Take a break - whether it's going for a run, watching TV, having a cup of tea or a biscuit (or 2). If  it's getting too much for you then you just need to stop, take a break so that you can get refreshed before you so some more work.

5. Try not to procrastinate - this is a lot easier said than done because I ALWAYS manage to procrastinate! But I know that I feel so much better once I've got the work done. If I don't do the work then I'll only feel worse for not doing it.

I hope this helped I know that I will be trying to do these a lot more to deal with my stress and worries!

Emily x

Hanily<3

No comments:

Post a Comment